– Where does counselling take place? In-person counselling takes place at Oakridge Business Centre, Weston Road, Stafford, ST16 3RS; online sessions via the ‘Zoom’ conferencing app. An email with a link and password will be sent so you can access our meeting.
– When are you available? I currently offer sessions:
Mondays from 3.30pm – 7.30pm, Wednesday 9:30am – 7.30pm, and Thursdays 9.30am – 7.30pm
– How much do you charge? A normal session, lasting between 50 and 60 minutes, costs £35. An 80 to 90 minute session costs £50. Those with financial difficulties, please speak to me about your situation.
– How can I pay? Payment can be made by cash or bank transfer, and is required in advance or on the day of the appointment (unless an invoice arrangement to a third party is in place).
– How long does counselling take? I offer both long and short-term counselling. In our first session together we can discuss this. It is likely to depend upon your goals for counselling, the issues you bring and financial implications. I often suggest planning for 6 sessions and then reviewing, but this can be renegotiated at any point within our work together.
– How often do we meet? I usually see clients on a weekly or fortnightly basis. It depends upon what you feel you need, and where we are in the counselling process. Occasionally a longer break than usual may be necessary to allow for continuing professional development (CPD), holidays, or, of course, sickness.
– How do I make an appointment? You can call, text, or email me to arrange a preliminary appointment. If we agree to work together, further appointments will be made during each session.
– What if I can’t make an appointment? Please try to give at least 48 hours’ notice of the need to cancel an appointment or you may be charged the agreed fee. Due consideration will be given to genuine crises or sickness that occurs at short notice.
– What qualifications and experience do you have? BA (Hons) Counselling; Cert. Advanced Safeguarding Children (Level 2); Cert. Working with Children, Young People, Adolescents and Families; Cert. Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma; Dip. Intercultural Studies (NZ);
I have an Enhanced DBS and am experienced in charity, NHS, school, and private settings.